1. Vons and Alberson’s are having a sale on chips. Von’s is selling 5 bags of Doritos for $9.00 while Albertson’s is selling 6 bags for $11.40.
a. What is Vons unit rate? (Price per bag)
b. What is Albersons’ unit price? (Price per bag)
c. Which is the better buy? Why?
1. Ellie grew 10 plants with 5 seed packets. With 6 seed packets, how many total plants can Ellie have in her backyard? Solve using unit rates.
2. In math class the ratio of girls to boys is 9 to 4. If there are a total of 26 students, how many girls are there? Use a tape diagram to solve.
3. Denise took a total of 6 quizzes over the course of 2 weeks. How many weeks of school will Denise have to attend this quarter before she will have taken a total of 9 quizzes? Solve using unit rates.
4. If I bought 6 pencils for $2.70, how much did I pay for one pencil? Show on a model.
Write question and solve. Use any model to represent your answer. Answer in a complete sentence.
1. The corporate team-building event will cost $16 if it has 4 attendees. How many attendees can there be, at most, if the budget for the corporate team-building event is $20? Solve using unit rates.
2. A 5-kilogram bag of potatoes costs $9.90. What is the unit price?
3. A 5-pack of dish towels costs $5.30. What is the unit price?
4. Are these ratios equivalent? How do you know?
3 drivers : 1 day and 17 drivers : 11 days
1. Using the floor tiles design shown below, create 𝟒𝟒 different ratios related to the image. Describe the ratio relationship and write the ratio in the form 𝑨𝑨: 𝑩𝑩 or the form 𝑨𝑨 to 𝑩𝑩.
2. Billy wanted to write a ratio of the number of apples to the number of peppers in his refrigerator. He wrote 𝟏𝟏: 𝟑𝟑.
Did Billy write the ratio correctly? Explain your answer.
- 3 apples
– i pepper